Iraqi forces and hash al- shaabi attacked peshmerga with American weapons
Arbil 20 Oct The Security Council of the Kurdistan region said on Monday the Iraqi forces and hash al-shaabi groups backed by Iran attacked the Peshmerga forces in Kirkuk with US weapons and mechanisms.
The council said in a statement that the attack by Iraqi forces and hashd al-shaabi on Kirkuk and Maryam Bey Bridge had been thwarted by the Peshmerga forces.
The Peshmerga destroyed five military Humvees used by hashd al-shaabi and they attacked with US weapons and armor.
The statement stressed that the Peshmerga forces will continue to defend all the territory of the Kurdistan Region.
The Kurdistan Regional Security Council said late on night that Iraqi forces began to advance to control the oil and military sites in Kirkuk.
Kurdistan 24 TV said that the Iraqi forces reinforced by various mechanisms began to progress towards the city of Kirkuk.
Iraqi forces began advancing after days of rallies around Kirkuk, where they say they want to redeploy in the city.
“We will defend our cities and we will not be spectators,” Kirkuk’s governor, Necmettin Karim, told Kurdistan 24TV.
Many warned of the outbreak of the situation in the city because of the insistence of Iraqi forces to enter the city of Kirkuk, which was kept by Kurdish forces far from the danger of urging since the army fled them in the wake of the fall of Mosul in mid 2014.
And exacerbating the differences between Erbil and Baghdad since the holding of the referendum, which received the support of the vast majority of the independence of Kurdistan from Iraq.